May 2010 – Present
Bunnypumpkin | Chicago, Illinois
Designer | Creator
June 2011 – December 2011
Sephora | Chicago, Illinois
- As a Cashier, provided excellent customer service while processing transactions promptly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Apprised clients of the store’s reward program, upcoming events, and new products to sample.
December 2009 – September 2010
The Hangar Interactive | San José, Costa Rica
- As Project Coordinator, worked with Project Managers and their teams at Critical Mass (parent company to The Hangar) to ensure the proper execution of work produced in Costa Rica.
- Created cost/hour estimates and project schedules in Excel.
- Worked with explicit project plans provided by Critical Mass, assuming responsibly for their successful completion.
- Provided instruction and oversight to Hangar team(s) to ensure that work was completed according to defined specifications, project timeline, and budget.
- Maintained steady contact with Critical Mass project leads to keep them apprised of project health and any concerns or challenges being faced.
- Oversaw ongoing updates and additions to sites such as Gucci Parfums and Dolce & Gabbana Make Up. Verified content and coordinated test deploys and launches to live.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage several projects concurrently.
- Clients: Rolex, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Lacoste, AT&T, Adidas, Best Buy, Moen, Infiniti, President’s Choice Financial, Dreft.
February 2009 – December 2009
The Hangar Interactive | San José, Costa Rica
Trafficking Coordinator | Rolex Media
- As Trafficking Coordinator, oversaw the production, launch, and maintenance of Rolex media online campaigns/banners.
- Worked closely with the Media Engagement Manager at Critical Mass to ensure that all Rolex banners produced by The Hangar were done so in accordance with time and budget constraints, and delivered without flaws.
- Liaised with multiple parties (i.e. UK-based media buying team, Critical Mass design teams in Calgary and London, Flash designers in France, etc.) to secure necessary files and information, and see to it that all banners launched according to Rolex media schedule.
- Maintained calendars/rotation plans for banners running on sites such as CNN, Financial Times, LIFE, BBC, and TIME. Used these calendars to manually set banner rotations via ad serving company, Eyeblaster.
- Provided instruction and oversight to in-house team of designers and quality assurance specialist.
July 2007 – January 2009
Nordstrom | Chicago, Illinois
Customer Service Representative
- As a Customer Service Representative, assisted customers (both in-store and on the telephone) with a range of transactions and requests.
- Identified customers’ individual needs and concerns in order to swiftly and thoughtfully resolve all issues.
- Acted as a go-to resource for store employees, answering questions regarding customer transactions, shipping concerns, register/computer queries, and so on.
- Handled large volume of overlapping calls and transactions, demonstrating ability to efficiently and calmly multi-task.
July 2007 – September 2008 (intermittently)
AGGA B. | Chicago, Illinois
- As a Design Intern, assisted the designer with a number of tasks, such as prepping patterns and fabric for cutting, assisting in the assembly of sample garments, pressing and finishing samples, acting as a fit model, and sketching.
- In 2008, continued internship with AGGA B. in Macy’s State Street offices as part of the Chicago Fashion Incubator program launched by Mayor Daley.
September 2002 – June 2006
Savannah College of Art & Design | Savannah, Georgia
B.F.A. in Fashion Design
- Original design selected as part of college’s 2006 juried fashion show.
- Graduated cum laude.
September 2008 – January 2009
Digital Bootcamp | Chicago, Illinois
- Completed eight-week courses in each of the following areas: Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, and Web Development.
“Denise was without a doubt one of my most hardworking employees, someone I could always trust to follow through on projects, regardless of their size or complexity. Denise constantly showed flawless attention to detail, was focused and determined to ensure the projects she worked on were delivered to highest quality.”
Neil Atkin | General Manager, The Hangar Interactive
“Denise’s unique ability to create order while maintaining a creative mindset was key in defining the success we had on Rolex media. Denise has a sharp mind, disturbingly good memory and a kind disposition. She would be an asset to have on a team.”
Mark Fallai | Associate Creative Director, Critical Mass
“Denise was a key member of our project management team. She took on a big responsibility in a challenging environment and always remained calm under pressure and always executed her assignments in a graceful manner.”
Jaime Escobar | Operations Director, The Hangar Interactive
“I’ve worked with Denise on several, complex campaigns for Rolex and she has been a tremendous asset to the team. Denise has been a great partner in making our campaigns a success – always going that extra mile to make sure that her work is as perfect as it can be.”
Audrey Omeri | Digital Strategist, Saatchi & Saatchi – General Mills